Sunday, June 07, 2015

At Flashbak: Kenner's Bionic Toys of the 1970s


At Flashbak this week, I remembered some of Kenner's great Six Million Dollar Man (1973 - 1978) and Bionic Woman (1976 - 1978)  toys of the disco decade.

Here's a snippet (and the url - http://flashbak.com/better-smarter-faster-remembering-kenners-bionic-toys-disco-decade-35726/)




"Although fans of my generation may forever associate Kenner with its incredible line of Star Wars (1977) action figures, vehicles, and playsets, the same company also had a hit in the 1970s with an earlier pop culture property tie-in: Universal’s The Six Million Dollar Man (1973-1978) and The Bionic Woman (1976-1978). 

In the years immediately preceding the release of George Lucas’s blockbuster, these bionic superheroes ruled the airwaves, and toy store shelves with an impressive series of large-scale toys...."

Continue reading at Flashbak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...