Monday, June 23, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities


"My original vision for V was something different from what the show has become. I’ve been with it since its inception, and my idea for it as a series was that it could be sort of like Mission: Impossible mixed with a little Hill Street Blues, suspense combined with interrelationships between the eleven main characters.  I really felt that it would be more effective if, instead of smashing heads, we used intrigue and disguises and infiltration as our main weapons.”

-Faye Grant discusses V with interviewer Robert Strauss, in the midst of making the series in the 1980s. At the V: Out of Print Archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...