Friday, May 02, 2014

At Anorak: Five Sci-Fi Series that FOX TV Axed Before Their Time



My latest contribution to Anorak gazes at promising science fiction TV series that were scuttled by FOX TV in their first seasons when, clearly, patience would have been a preferable approach.

Here's a snippet:

Just this week, Fox Television announced the cancellation of the high-profile series Almost Human (2013 – 2014), a science fiction endeavor starring Karl Urban and Michael Ealy, and executive-produced by J.J. Abrams.

Fans of the short-lived series remain heartbroken that Fox showed so little faith in the promising venture.

But perhaps the saddest fact here is that the early axing of Almost Human conforms to Fox’s long-time pattern of murdering genre TV programs while they are still in the cradle. 

Going back nearly thirty years, it’s actually the same story, over and over again...

1 comment:

  1. John nice thoughts on the FOX network sci-fi shows that were terminated early. I will give credit to the FOX network letting SLIDERS (1995-2000) have a complete five season run. Albeit I think the series should have been cancelled at the end of season four with the departure of Jerry O'Connell.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...