Monday, June 03, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #73



"It's not like other science-fiction shows where time is frozen or you're in an unfamiliar world. You've got to make these actual people who have aged and changed. For me, I thought I could kind of slip back into the character pretty easily, but early on in filming I found myself wondering whether I had done enough work. It was more of a challenge than I expected...Working with Gillian again and that rhythm between us, that was probably the easiest thing and very helpful for me. It was key for me to get back to Mulder and nice we didn't have to kind of play it up or emphasize it or exaggerate it. I really didn't do any research, per se. I have seen the show over the past six years. Usually when I can't sleep and I turn on the TV and it's there. I do watch it for a few minutes and it's nice now. It's like home movies. But with autopsies."

- David Duchovny discusses re-creating the Mulder character for The X-Files movie, I Want to  Believe (2008), in The Los Angeles Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...