Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Reader Top Ten Science Fiction Films: Le0pard13 at It Rains...You Get Wet.


Le0pard13 at the blog It Rains...You Get Wet, is one of my favorite film writers on the net, and a great friend to boot.  Last year he compiled a top ten sci-fi films list at his blog, and I want to include his excellent choices in our tally.

So here is Le0pard13's list:

1. Blade Runner (1982)
2.2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
3. Planet of the Apes (1968)
4. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
5. Star Wars (1977)
6. Alien (1979)
7. Forbidden Planet (1956)
8. The Matrix(1999)
9.Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
10.Children of Men (2006)

This is (I think...) the first list that has Blade Runner (1982) in the number one slot, and that's a great choice.  My top twenty would include Alien, Blade Runner and Prometheus -- a veritable Ridley Scott-a-thon.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so kindly with the share, John. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend, for sharing your excellent list. It's an awesome one!

      Delete
  2. Great minds think alike - BODY SNATCHERS! YES!

    Now I wish I had included CHILDREN OF MEN. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...