Friday, May 31, 2013

Reader Top Ten Science Fiction Films: Mike S.


Mike S. contributes our second list for this beautiful Friday, and provides a little tweak on the format:

Here he is:

"Here's my top 10 science fiction list (with a twist).

Lists are easy, but giving yourself limits can be fun. My list is limited to only one movie per decade..."


01. Metropolis (1927)
02. Things to Come (1936)
03. Dr. Cyclops (1940) [hard to pick, sci-fi not a big genre in the 40's ?]
04. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
05. Planet of the Apes (1968)
06. Star Wars (1977)
07. Blade Runner (1982)
08. Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
09. Serenity (2005)
10. Looper (2012) [well, so far]

Some hard choices for me, especially in the 60's to 80's period.

And now for my next trick, top 10 science fiction SEQUELS (and only one sequel per franchise)....er, maybe not...


Mike S, I like your self-imposed limit here, although in my opinion, that makes matters way too difficult.  I just saw Looper (2012) a week ago and thought it was great.  I'll be reviewing it this summer on the blog, but suffice it to say...it was amazing.  I agree with you about the 1940s too.  I've made a mental note that not many titles on these lists originates from the decade of film noir...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...