Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reader Top Ten Science Fiction Film List: Collin R. Skocik


My friend Collin Skocik contributes another thoughtful and outstanding list here, and one with a few surprises.  

I'm glad to see another John Carpenter title -- Dark Star (1974) -- make the list, as well as another one of my favorites, Moon (2009).  

Collin also comments on scientific accuracy as being a qualification for inclusion on his list.

Collin writes: 

"Very difficult list to compile. My qualifications are scientific accuracy + great entertainment + 
long-term relevance--the scientific accuracy part explains the absence of such favorites as Star Trek II, Flash Gordon, and Star Wars. Also, I compiled this in a hurry, so I didn't give it too, too much thought, and there might be glaring, unforgivable omissions. But, here we go... 


1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Forbidden Planet
3. Planet of the Apes
4. Blade Runner
5. Soylent Green
6. Alien
7. Metropolis
8. 2010: Odyssey Two
9. Moon
10. Dark Star

Don't forget to get me those lists at Muirbusiness@yahoo.com.  I hope to have an amalgamated or "definitive" list by this weekend, with votes tallies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...