Monday, February 04, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #56


"Well, people have this impression that I don’t want anything to do with the Hammer period, that I don’t even want to admit that I ever played Dracula. Totally wrong. In 1956, the success of the Hammer films kick-started my career. That immediately gave me a name and a face to go with it. I will always be grateful to Hammer for that. But it’s all so long ago it barely seems relevant any more. That’s what I said."

- Christopher Lee discusses playing Count Dracula in the Hammer Films of the late 1950s and 1960s at Total Film, in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy LV 426 Day! The Return of Alien (1979)

It is quite difficult to believe, but in 2024, Ridley Scott’s  Alien  (1979) turns 45 years old.  Perhaps the most amazing thing about  Alie...