Friday, October 05, 2012

Happy 50th Anniversary, 007


Today marks the 50th anniversary of the theatrical release of Dr. No, the first James Bond film, starring Sean Connery. 

I’ve been featuring James Bond -- 007 -- on the blog here quite a bit in the last few weeks, and will continue to do so leading up to my review of the new film, Skyfall, which premieres November 9th.

But today, to celebrate James Bond Day, I’ll be re-posting some of my recent pieces on the suave secret agent and his influence on international cinema.

But for now, happy anniversary Mr. Bond.   Let's all raise our martini glasses to another fifty years of gratuitous sex and violence at the movies...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    John brilliant Bond 007 posts. The 007 franchise has always been one of my favorite.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...