Thursday, September 13, 2012

Breakaway Day 2012 is Here!


Welcome to Breakaway Day Celebration 2012! 

September 13th is the day every year when I celebrate the Gerry and Sylvia Anderson science fiction series Space: 1999, which starred Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, Barry Morse and Catherine Schell, and aired from 1975 through 1977. 

The date is important: September 13, 1999 is the day in series lore that the moon is blasted out of Earth’s orbit and sent into the deep dark void of space on an unplanned journey of wonder and terror.  

So in real life terms, today is Breakaway Day plus thirteen.

We’ll get started on our celebration of a new review of one of my favorite episodes from Year One, Johnny Byrne’s “End of Eternity”…

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:16 PM

    John this day had new meaning to us all as children in the '70s. Space:1999 was a milestone of my '70s boyhood science-fiction experiences and still is my favorite series.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...