Monday, July 09, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities # 27



“It’s interesting – there’s a whole ‘boomer’ generation…I meet them all the time; people come up to me and say ‘There was a film when I was growing up that really got to me’, and I’d say that I know which one it was – Logan’s Run. But then I asked them to define why. What was it about the film? The sense of having to give it all up before you’d even got started? The hedonistic society? You had everything. I guess it’s a bit of everything, you know…?”

 - 2008 Den of Geek Interview with Logan's Run (1976) star, Michael York

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    The LOGAN'S RUN 1976 film and 1977-78 television series were fascinating to my friends and I as children of the '70s. The '70s was a decade of many post-apocalyptic dystopian series, but the Domed-City was depicted as utopian.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...